Basically, it owns. I may write a more comprehensive review once I set the controller down.
Why is it that many people still have no idea of what the Nintendo Wii is? Nintendo hasn’t started marketing it too much yet. I think that this is a good delay, Nintendo won’t be bombed with demand on their launch date, people just now hearing about the Wii will be able to wait a bit for theirs, and people like me will be wearing cleats to conquer the long lines at the store…I’m joking, my Wii has been pre-ordered.
Nintendo’s $200 Million marketing campaign for the Wii begins.
Only six days remaining…
I was browsing through the launch titles and these games caught my eye:
- The Ant Bully– Another Bugdom/A Bug’s Life-like video game. I know that I don’t want it, but someone will buy me it and then I won’t put it down until I’ve beat it.
- Call of Duty 3: I’m not a COD fanboy, but I know enough people who are to know that I need this.
- Excite Truck: Big truck racing, looks intense.
- Far Cry: Vengeance– I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time.
- Red Steel– Katanas + guns + Unreal Engine + Wii = I’m so there
- Tamagotchi– A lovable egg video game!? Who needs to sleep when you have a pixelicious pet to take care of?
- Trama Center: Second Opinion– It reminds me of that one Invader Zim episode where Zim goes into Dib’s body in a shrunken Irken space ship and attacks it, and then Gaz battles Zim remotely, as if it were a video game.
- WarioWare: Smooth Moves– WarioWare owns, mini-game madness.
- Medal of Honor: Airborne– A new MOH? I sense staying up late with friends owning bots with strange names in multiplayer mode.
I just started using “CLiCk, Speak“, an excellent text-to-speech extension for Mozilla Firefox. In the past I’ve looked for one, but hadn’t found one that worked very well in Linux. This, however, has been working fine for me in Ubuntu 6.10. I highly recommend it for the visually impaired and for anyone who likes to make funny voice mail messages.